Friday, July 1, 2016

City Sampler

I have a long time in coming finish this week, my Tula Pink City Sampler. I made all 100 blocks from my solids stash. I tried to duplicate the color story in each sampler block from the book. I started this by sewing one a day in April, 2015. (Here's a link to that post.)

 

I didn't add the sashing, and I like how modern it looks.

The back is a sheet from The Company Store.

Quilted by me on my DSM. The spiral is my sure fire quilting design, and I'm practicing more free motion designs. The batting is wool for the softness, warmth and loft.

Here are a few more process photos:

 

 

 

Thanks for visiting!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.

 

3 comments:

  1. Amazing finish, I love how modern this looks! The backing is wonderful along with the spiral quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love the circle quilting. I have always meant to try but thought I would need to do it on a small quilt first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also visiting from crazymomquilts. Very nice without the sashing! Lovely modern quilt

    ReplyDelete