I had lots of help quilting this one! Louie loves to sit in the middle of the quilt as I am pushing it around under my walking foot. He seems to want to be right in the middle of whatever I'm doing!
Last April when I started it, I had a nice pile of Economy blocks, the 8.6 inch variety. I used the colors from the Mermaid print to figure out a color scheme. I put a dark turquoise binding on it. I like how a dark binding keeps a quilt contained and grounds it.
We had a patch of sun this afternoon, so I hung the quilt over my deck, and laid it out on the deck. You can't see the assorted leaves. . . under the quilt!
Here's the back that I put together with bits and pieces: some from the quilt, some from other backs. I quilted this with the giant spiral and filled it with wool batting. I love the wool, but this time the spiral quilting gave me fits. I kept getting gathers in the quilting in the back. I had to un-sew a large part of one corner to smooth it out. There are a few little catches still in the back, but I'm not looking too closely! They won't show much when the quilt is washed.
This quilt is for Miss C and coordinates with the star quilt for her sister.
Twin bed size: 65" X 90"
Economy Blocks from Crazy Mom Quilts finishing at 8.6"
Quilted in a giant spiral by my on my DSM
Assorted fabrics, including Extraordinary World from In the Beginning fabrics