Sunday, May 24, 2015
Sunday, May 17, 2015
This huge quilt is basted! I am so pleased. I pieced the back to include two "mistake" blocks plus some IKEA fabric, then I did the crawl-around-on-my-hands-and-knees thing. Quilting is hard work!
I even have a plan for the quilting. . . . Follow the curves on the colored sections, then go back to the whites with bubbles. I hope it works! The batting is Hobbs 100% wool. I'll need to add quilting lines in the colored sections, as it will need to be denser to satisfy the "three inch" suggestion on the package
The top measured 98 x 73 inches. I'll re-measure when the quilting is finished.
Friday, May 15, 2015
I have been busy sewing, but not really finishing anything. Too many projects at once. I'm hoping to baste a quilt this weekend.
I started a "Block of the Month" club at my local quilt shop, and mis-cut the very first piece! I couldn't finish it with the provided fabrics, so using my solids stash, I made another. It's a dragonfly, Washington State's official insect. The quilt is called "Evergreen State".
I'm also working on my Tula Pink sampler. It's satisfying to see the bulging book!
I brought home a kit to make a donation baby quilt from my quilt guild that is also finished waiting to be quilted. It's a busy place, my sewing room!