Friday, June 24, 2016

Free Motion -- Practicing

My goal to get better at free motion quilting has been languishing in the back of my mind for a while, so this week I decided, with the help of lots of on line assistance, to jump in.

This is my first attempt, and very simple and effective, I think. I drew lines to follow to start, then the outer lines of lollipops are done by eye. I think I would actually use this design on a smaller quilt as an all over pattern . . . Maybe a baby quilt.

This practice piece started with the chain. . . Then paisley. This needs LOTS more work! I dated my samples so I can note progress.

I also scored at the library today with this haul: Beginner's Guide to Free-Motion Quilting by Natalia Bonner; First Steps to Free Motion Quilting by Christina Cameli, and Machine Quilting with Style by Christa Watson.

Gotta love the library . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment