Friday, June 3, 2016

Two Sided Baby Quilt

It really did turn out to be two sided. I put the label on the boat side, but it goes either way.

Spiral quilting, and boom, DONE! Louie slept on it one afternoon, so I'll wash it before my daughter mails it off to her friend in NYC. The sweet baby boy was born at the end of May, so I'm glad for this quick finish. You've got to love making baby quilts . . .

The center of the spiral is this cute bear driving his truck . . .

The eye-spy side has lots of conversation starters: birds, fire truck, "the little old lady whispering hush" from Goodnight Moon, cowboy boots, balloons, and NYC taxis.

Designed by me, quilted and pieced by me on my dsm.

Measures 38" X 44".

Made almost totally from stash. Wool batting for softness and loft.

Linking up this finish with CrazyMomQuilts.

 

6 comments:

  1. Perfect baby quilt...simple and bright colors! Especially love the blues you choose for the sailboat side. Did you appliqué the boat on top or piece it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW!! love the offsetness, and the boat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilt! I love the idea of a two sided baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute. I love the boat and the way you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute quilt! I've just been cutting fabric for an I Spy quilt today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way the spiral looks on the side with the boat. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete