Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Bonnie Lass

Is watching Outlander getting under my skin? The book Quilt Lovely by Jen Kingwell jumped into my hands, and Bonnie Lass cried out to be made. I love scrappy quilts, I love doing a few blocks at a time, and I wanted to do an "on point" setting. It's all here, the name is just incidental, right?

I worked on these simple blocks whenever I was between other projects. I would take a handful of scraps, cut them in 2" X 3.5" pieces, and chain piece a bunch. At the ironing stage, I put the colors together randomly. When I got to 99, I stopped.

(This photo in the shade gives a very blue cast, but all the scrappy colors come through.). Then I threw them out on my bed to get an idea of the arrangement. It didn't seem to matter. . . Easy and fun. I just finished sewing the last row, and here she is, Miss C and Bonnie Lass.

Miss C was outside reading and asked to pose. I couldn't resist.

Here's on of my favorite blocks, done up in my high school colors.

Now I have two quilts in the "to be quilted" queue: Bonnie Lass and Houses for H.

It takes a while to think about that quilting design. . . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment