Friday, August 5, 2016

Houses

Houses for H is finished! And I love it. . . .

Miss H, a long time friend of my daughter, has just bought a new house, and every house needs a quilt. After looking long and hard at Pintrest, this design came to be after one by Amy at Blotch and Thrum: http://www.blotchandthrum.com/2014/05/one-third-street-neighborhood-for-sew.html

Somehow, a house quilt seemed appropriate!

Here's the back, an IKEA print that's been in my stash for a while.

Spiral quilting, and finished.

Finished at 48" X 66", before washing. (I never know if I should wash before gifting. I always wash baby quilts, but not others.)

Wool batting, quilted and pieced by me.

 

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday on CrazyMomQuilts.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the colours of this quilt so much! The way they shine makes the houses look like they were nice and friendly homes. :)

    Have a great day!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete