Friday, July 31, 2015

Round and round

I quilted in a spiral again for this baby quilt. Spirals lend themselves to balancing out the improv log cabins. Thank you to Inspiration from spottedstones.blogspot.com.

I love the softness, the little things to find, and the quilting. There's a deer, a cake, a cow, taxis, a bee. This quilt is for my daughter's work friend. Baby due in October.

Miss C, my lovely granddaughter is my very fine quilt holder. I added a little neutral polka dot to the bottom of this IKEA print for the back.

I could make these improv blocks all day long: Easy, fun, and creative. Just give me a few scraps!

I'm linking up to my favorite blog again for this Friday Finish. crazymomquilts.blogspot.com

The Blue Angels are flying over my home right now . . . I catch a glimpse of them every so often. It's really summer now!

 

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Lovely baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling quilt! Quilted just right. And the backing is so cute. I invite you to link to my friend Michelle's Let's Make Baby quilts linky party. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I think pretty much any mom would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the spiral is fantastic, it makes it look like ripples on a pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, the spiral quilting is great and it looks so cozy for a baby!

    ReplyDelete