Friday, July 24, 2015

Flowering Snowballs

A big finish for me! Flowering Snowballs is now the summer quilt on my bed.

I love everything about it: the fabrics, the CURVES, the scrappiness, the quilting. The batting is wool, and I quilted around the balls first then returned with my free motion to flower shapes and squiggles. I like the quilting to be large to keep the quilt soft. My only regret is that I wish I had made it a little more square.

Quilt stats: Flowering Snowball

Quilted my me on my DSM

72" x 96"

Linking up with Finish it up Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts

 

7 comments:

  1. That's just WONDERFUL ! I love everything about it too ! I've been thinking on making myself a quilt in mostly blues and greens and lots of aqua/turquoise, but I hadn't thought of add in bits of pinky red like you've done here. It gives this quilt just the most delicious pops of yumminess !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! It would look good on my bed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh isn't it lovely!! The quilting is fantastic and the colours are gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowering snowball quilt is so beautiful! I love your colour choice of blues and greens and how you cleverly added those bright pops of pink/coral along with your wonderful FMQ. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete