Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Baby Quilts in Process

Babies are a happening thing, cousins and friends. I started two quilts for the new little ones and their parents.

This one is for a work colleague of my daughter's, who is waiting to know the sex. So, I included taxis and cakes, hedgehogs, a cow, frog, and a tea party. The blocks are improv log cabins and haven't been sewn together, yet. I laid them out on my bed to see about placement. I'm happy with all the neutrals.

This quilt will be 36" x 48".

 

The second baby quilt is for my niece who is having a girl. I found 91 designs from 91 fabrics for some eye-spy action. I was happy that the colors turned out quite balanced as well. I'll add a generous sashing to this one. The squares measure 3.5 inches. I had to cut the one with the names of the states on the bias to get "Washington" to fit. I added a polka-dot of ROYGBV to make the 91.

I'll quilt both of these with the spiral stitching. I'm having fun playing in my sewing room! Can you tell?

Doing quilts like this and the scrap vortex take one down memory lane!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment