Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Little Quilter


I stepped into my sewing room on Friday to find my granddaughter, Miss E, busy at my machine.  "I'm making a quilt for you, YaYa," she said.  She had chosen the pink polka dot flannel scraps from one of my drawers of fabric.




She had done lots of pinning!  (And I discovered later, she had also done a little cutting.  OOPS!)
I was glad for three things:
  1. She knows that when she sits at the machine with me (to "help") that she is to keep her hands on the white part of the table.  That kept her fingers away from the needle. . . 
  2. The power was off.  It'll be a long time before I teach her where the on - off switch is located. 
  3. She's pretty good with the pins.
I also was reminded of a lesson:

WHEN IT GETS TOO QUIET, CHECK ON THE TWO YEAR OLD!



No comments:

Post a Comment