Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sewing Gentle Curves

Sewing curves has been something I have been wanting to do, but it looks so hard!  I started with the "flowering snowball" block because it looked a little gentler.  And it is.  I downloaded the templates and directions from Molly Flanders. (mollyflanders@blogspot.com)  Her directions and samples are great.

The curves are like sewing in an arms eye in garment sewing.  I've done lots of those.  I have been pinning, but not too much.  I also have the needle down; I stop to gently move the convex part as I stitch the two pieces together.

Try this!  It's really do-able.


 I also added a little bit of Seattle.  Notice the Space Needle in the above square.


The colors are taken from a Matisse poster that hangs in my guest room.  I love to use art work as inspiration for colors for quilts.  This quilt will live just under this poster.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, just read this post about sewing curves. It makes sense. I haven't sewn garments in years, but used to make quite a few. Love the idea of pulling the colors from the poster. And the Seattle fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete