Thursday, January 15, 2015

Quilted Apron


Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts made a quilted apron with lots of polka dots.  I loved the idea, and used my turquoise kitchen as inspiration.  (My home was built in the late 1950's, and I've been thankful over the years that the builder chose turquoise and not olive green for the kitchen.  I still have the original turquoise stove top and oven which are limping along!)

Wearing this apron feels a little like wearing a giant hot pad.  I think it will come in handy when cooking really hot things or canning.  If I were to do it again, I would quilt it with just a layer of flannel.  

My daughter is the model.  Notice the little bit of Elvis just below her fingers.  


Here's the slab of fabric.  I made one of the slab quilts ala Sunday Morning Quilts, and this slab is a lot bigger to accommodate the apron shape.  I quilted it first just to the batting.

3 comments: