Thursday, January 29, 2015

Go Hawks!

Everywhere in Seattle this week, SeaHawks colors of blue and green are flying proudly.  The "12th Man" -- the fans -- are represented with a banner.  I decided honor the 12's with a little quilt that will hang on my front door until Super Bowl Sunday.  I enjoyed making a sporting symbol.


Here's how I figured out how to create the numbers.  I looked at finished 12th man flag images on line. . . then drew this sketch.


Here it is before quilting:


Miss C, my 7 year old granddaughter wanted to be cheering.  I told her it wasn't a video, but that didn't stop her from doing a little jump.


It took a while to decide how to quilt this one.  I couldn't do spirals, or swirls (too girly), so I did an outline of the numbers with a cross hatch background.  It would be fun to make the number of your favorite athlete in this way.


I'm cheering for the Seattle SeaHawks on Sunday.  GO HAWKS!  

2 comments:

  1. Nice and masculine. Your graph paper shetch is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a Hawks fan despite their loss. I may use this for next year-thanks!

    ReplyDelete