Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lummi Island Get Away

The spring sun shined on a little get-away for me this week to Lummi Island.  To say thank you, I made these placemats for the Retreat that is owned by my sisters and brothers in law.


The pond invites birds in the daytime and frogs at night: red winged blackbirds, heron, ducks.


A flowering plum tree:


Mount Baker (looking west) from the beach a short walk from the house:


The little ferry:


The sounds at twilight enchanted me.  The frogs and late birds contrapuntal chorus. . .


 One more quilting related photo . . .


Linking up to Finish it Up Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts

2 comments:

  1. Everything about your blog post is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple crosshatch quilting on the placemats, and the colour scheme you chose for them. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I wasn't able to reply directly to your email as you are a no-reply blogger. You can update your profile in Blogger so that people can respond directly by email to blog comments you leave. Take a look at this for instructions for how to do it: http://www.onthewindyside.co.nz/2013/06/how-to-stop-being-no-reply-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete