Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I have made several quilts before I started this blog, so I'll post photos of the oldies.  
I have this little one hanging on the end of my kitchen cabinet.  My counters are turquoise, and this one fits right in.  Stats: 19.5 X 21.5 inches.  Circle quilted.  



After this quilt, I decided to try the spiral quilting. . . so much easier, as there is no starting and stopping.

Big Zig Baby Quilt.  This one was for a baby born to my daughter's good friend.  Miss L is now 6 months old, and  this was a shower gift.  My daughter chose the fabrics and the design.  I love a good chevron.


This quilt made me laugh every time I worked on it.  My great-niece graduated from high school, and loves ELVIS, so here he is:


I was happy to find two Elvis fabrics . . . one featuring this face: A Young Elvis face.  The colors turned out just right.  It's my only churn dash quilt, but I liked how the frame look really works here.
I couldn't find a photo of the finished quilt.  I put a black/white dotted fabric for sashing and black print binding.  Quilted in the walking foot zig-zag.  My great niece was thrilled.


2 comments:

  1. I love your Elvis quilt. Clever use of the Churn Dash block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Elvis quilt. Clever use of the Churn Dash block.

    ReplyDelete