Saturday, February 13, 2016

Economy Blocks


A special wedding is coming up; my sisters in laws are making their long term relationship legal! They have been together 35 years, had a ceremony in another state when it was legal there, then had it rejected when outlawed. Our state has said yes to gay marriage by vote, so now they will have another wedding.

Whew! Hard stuff. M and ME have been a big part of my family, so a wedding quilt is in order.
 
 

Here's the start. I'm liking the colors. I seem to do a lot of turquoise, my stash is full of it. I'm adding a dark green, yellow gold and reds. The colors come from a kale print from Kaffe Fassett.

Top is finished, so I'll make a pieced back, then "quilt as desired!"

Linking up with CrazyMomQuilts for Finish it Up Friday.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! And heartfelt congratulations to the happy couple! Glad they can finally be married legally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for them...sounds like they are very deserving of such a lovely quilt. I love the economy block and your colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete