Friday, January 22, 2016

Mini Heart Quilt

Here's a little mini based on the log cabin heart block that I spotted on Pintrest.

 

It's 11.5 x 17 inches and will be the included in a bigger project I'm working on. My quilt guild, Quilter's Anonymous, has its annual show March 11, 12, 13, so we have reserved the display areas at the libraries in the county for quilt related displays in February. I have volunteered to mount the display at my local library. I decided that I needed a couple of mini quilts plus some larger ones folded in the cabinet. I'll also include quilting books from the library's collection.

I also may show these blocks that are part of a block of the month quilt that I am working on. It's called "Evergreen State" for the state of Washington. A local quilt shop is sponsoring this BOM, and I go to the store monthly for a class. It's been a practice in precision piecing (especially all those windows on the ferry!). Here are two of my favorites:

Our state insect, the dragonfly

A Washington State Ferry

If you have any other ideas for a display, I would love to hear them. Thanks.

I'll post photos next week when I have the display finished.

Linking up to crazymomquilts for finish it up Friday.

 

1 comment:

  1. Totally love the quilt blocks! being from Washington myself I am a bit partial to the ferry block, and dragonflies are one of my favorites to watch in the garden. Lovely heart mini - been seeing so many lately it makes me want to make one up for our house. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete