Friday, August 14, 2015

A little Eye-Spying

There is lots of spying to do with this quilt, and a bit of calm. For a baby due in October.

A pig, numbers, words, a mermaid, horses, rain, deer, a tea party, bunnies, birds, the bunny from Good Night Moon, and lots of polka-dots. The wide borders are a subtle polka dot in cream and taupe.

The back has the world's most perfect fabric:

More spying! It's fig tree & co for Moda. Don't know the pattern name.

I just want to curl up with a baby with this one. The design is my own, (if you can call it a design!). It measures 41" x 54". I quilted it with my go to spiral on my DSM.

I know it will be well loved by my nice neice and her husband.

Linking up with crazymomquilts for Finish it up Friday.

 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a bright, cheerful quilt that I am sure will be appreciated and well loved for years to come! You did a really terrific job at balancing the colorful fabrics with negative space, and the spiral quilting really brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through your finish it up Friday post, and have enjoyed going through all of it (I'm a night nurse on a slow night). Your work is beautiful and inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete