Saturday, June 6, 2015

Quick, Quick! Graduation X Two!

My great nephew is graduating twice. He graduates from high school today, and receives his AA from the community college next Saturday. He did the "Running Start" program which combines 2 years of Community college with the last two years of high school. Way to go!

 

And me without a quilt underway.

So, yesterday, I put this aside in the middle of quilting, and went to work on this:

It's from a book, Beyond Neutral by John Q Adams. It's simple, fast, and will be a good guy quilt. The pattern is called "Pacific Crest." Lots of these four patches of differing sizes. Trimming all those half square triangle units is a bit tedious, but worth it in the end.

 

Gray background, a little geekiness, a little plaid, I'm doing the small units now.

I made lots of progress yesterday, I'll get batting today and an IKEA backing on Monday. The top will be finished Sunday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment