Friday, June 12, 2015

Graduation celebrations

My grand-nephew will have his second graduation tomorrow: his AA associate from community college! Way To go, Mr J! This is underway to help him celebrate:

Here's a better photo of the whole thing. It's under my machine getting quilted now.

I realize that half quilted isn't a finish, but by next week, it'll be off in the mail.

I am loving the back! Maybe it will be the front. Mr J can decide. The quilting is the zig zag cerpentine on my sewing machine.

Another day of quilting, then binding. I'll take it with me to the accordion festival next weekend to finish tacking down the binding. My two hobbies co-mingling.

I'll try to link this to Crazy Mom Quilts, Finish it up Friday's

 

3 comments:

  1. What a cool design (and that backing fabric is amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. The quilt design is from a book by John Q Adams; the backing fabric is from IKEA.

      Delete
  2. Your design is quite fetching~and looks more complicated than it is. A Stunning quilt, you must be pleased

    ReplyDelete