Sunday, September 9, 2018

Dolly and Baby Quilts

My lovelyniece is having her second child in October, so for a baby shower I created a baby quilt for mom and a dolly quilt for big sister.


I’m enjoying the half squares in solids.  Then I found this perfect back with animals in every color.  It’s a legacy from my wonderful friend S who passed in June. Her fabric will live on.


One more photo of the front . . .


And the doll quilt - just squares that I have been prepping from scraps. Hooray for scraps and for cutting them into usable sizes!

Linking up with Crazymomquilts for Finish It Up Friday (on Sunday!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the HST quilt! Fabulous idea to make big sister a dolly quilt! It's hard becoming the big sister and losing the attention.
    Your pretty doll quilt will help. Plus she can learn how to care for her new sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but it SEW good that you were able to put her fabric to work in your newest quilt!!

    ReplyDelete