Friday, February 9, 2018

For a Baby Boy


This is a record for me: a Finish on Friday, two weeks running!

This little baby quilt is for a boy born on Tuesday.  His mom is a dear one to me, his big brother has one of my quilts, so this one is for you, little Mr A.

The half square triangle squares finish at 4”, 10 rows both directions, so the flimsy is 40” x 40”.
I started with 5” squares, folded half the squares on the diagonal with my iron, then paired each one randomly with another color.  ( I did try for a few more blues than anything else.)  
I trimmed them to 4.5”.  All the solids are from my stash.

I’ll quilt this right away so a sweet new baby boy and his mom can cuddle.

Linking this finish with Crazymomquilts for Finish It Up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! The solid colors make it modern and the bright colors make it happy! It will be loved and snuggled with for years. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a wonderful baby quilt. Plenty of bright colors. FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete