Saturday, November 18, 2017

Plus X is Finished


I finished stitching the binding yesterday, and we had a little brightmpness for photos this morning. 
Lots and lots of memories are sewn into this one with hundreds of scraps. Each block has 19 pieces, 121 squares, 2299 pieces of fabric!




Percy wanted to get a closer look!


The only way to get a photo of the whole thing was hanging off the deck. My daughter is holding the top edge. 

When I first sewed the blocks together, it was a rectangle, but after staring at it for a while, I took one row off the bottom and added the blocks to the side making a square.  

I spend much time staring and pondering . . . .

Statistics:  85” x 85”
Pieced back with flannel 
Pieced and quilted by me on my DSM
Wool batting.

Linking up with Crazymomquilts for Finish it Up Friday.

6 comments:

  1. SEW bright and cheerful. LOVE that spiral quilting, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely quilt, and as you say, all those little pieces are filled with memories. The spiral quilting is the finishing touch indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice final effect. That is the best: a variety of blocks that you can stare at, move a bit, stare some more, repeat, repeat, repeat. Claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS~ and the spiral quilting sets it off perfectly! I have only done spiral quilting once, on a roughly 36" square wall hanging, and thought I was going to have a fit at the beginning. How did it feel to do this big quilt???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful finish. I've been reading through your blog this morning to see your progress. Totally understand the staring at it, knowing it needs to be changed, yet trying not to think it part. Also the not wanting anymore too small quilts. Love your spiral quilting decision. It's perfect here. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete