Friday, December 4, 2015

Pink is Finished!

Pink is a favorite color of a good friend, so I was inspired. I have been wanting to make a 16 patch, so this is my first. I was hoping to find just florals, I came up short, so we have a few florals and pink vintage trailers, raindrops, dots, and some neutrals to calm things down a bit.

My granddaughter helped me with the layout, and pronounced this arrangement "perfect." I like the binding - a dot print from Amy Butler. The backing is a duvet cover from Ikea. I love the botanical print, but I got lots of wrinkles as I was quilting with my walking foot. I took out the worst part and re-quilted it from the back. I wished I had done all the quilting from the back. The backing is quite soft: difficult to quilt but lovely to feel.

It should be a great cuddly throw with wool batting.

 

 

Measures 60" x 72"

Pieced and quilted by me on my DSM

16 Patch

 

Linking up with Finish-It-Up Friday on CrazyMomQuilts.

 

4 comments:

  1. Turned out great and did you see the Pantone color of the year for next year is pink quartz. You are right on target. Love your piece with Gwen Marston too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Great job with the spiral quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinks look really pretty and the spiral quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me to make pink quilt! Someday...
    Your quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete