Friday, June 1, 2018

J and G’s Wedding Quilt


My lovely niece J is getting married this August.  I got a real head start on the quilt for her and her husband to be, G.


I found the instruction for the quilt in a book from the library, Working With Solids.  I used the pattern for “Greater Than” but I added a length of white at the bottom. This is a tall couple!

J is a swimmer, grew up in California, so I knew I wanted to use turquoise’s and the orange/red added just the right pop of brightness.  It has wool batting and a very soft Moda wide backing which was difficult to quilt . . .there are a few tucks in the back . . Eek!
All it needs is the label.


It measures 59.5 x 79.5 before washing.  I’ll put it away now for that special August date:
8/18/18!

Linking up with Crazymomquilts for Finish It Up Friday 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the happy couple and to YOU for a fabulous quilt just for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh 42 lbs less than us.

    (And actually, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and EVERYTHING related to "how" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    Click this link to determine if this short questionnaire can help you unlock your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete