Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year

I spent New Year's Day quilting one of a set of two for my granddaughters. (They will soon share a room.) This one is for Miss E who is 2 (AND A HALF.). We all three love mermaids, so the first fabric I chose is a little mermaid print. The rest is quite scrappy looking, although many of the prints were chosen particularly for this quilt. Miss E likes stars.

My walking foot got a workout. (And my arms, pushing the quilt through the harp area!)

There are stars and stars, two sizes. This quilt measures 72 x 97. I figure it will fit on an X-long twin when she goes off to college. . . In about 16 years!

I'm going to link up to Crazy Mom Quilts.

 

5 comments:

  1. I love to see someone do heavy quilting on a domestic machine. Nice job pretty quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stars all over, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments. This was my first time to link up, and it makes me smile that you are looking at my work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your quilts! Congrats on starting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete